If you missed my previous post sharing my tips for starting a blog click here.
As you may be aware the dr.ofwhat blog is now four years old. This website has over 520 blog followers on WordPress and close to 75,000 views. I wanted to share some of my tips for growing an audience for your blog.
- Publish frequently- To maintain engagement it is important that you post content regularly. I typically average 3 posts per week and that has worked well for me. I know some bloggers stick to a strict schedule where they post every Monday, Wednesday, Friday for example but I have been more flexible with my postings over the years.
- Use social media- Social media is a great way to drive traffic to your blog. Instagram is my predominant platform, however I also use Facebook. The more platforms you have the more potential for traffic, although it is more work to maintain. So find that balance.
- Have an email- I previously had a dr.ofwhat mailing list, however I have been so busy lately that I have let this slip. But it is another great way to drive traffic. I found mailchimp affordable and super easy to use.
- Link back to previous blog posts- Blog posts take time to create so give them to exposure they deserve by linking back to previous relevant posts within your blogs.
- Look at your analytics- Your blog platform likely provides you with analytics. I check out my WordPress analytics frequently- looking at which posts do well, what times have high engagement, where my traffic is coming from, and also the location of my audience. This data is valuable and shows you what is working and what isn’t.