The start of the new year is a great time to tidy up a few things and set yourself up for a productive year ahead.
Here are the five things I recommend tidying:
- Your inbox. Delete those unnecessary emails. File the important ones in organised folders. Get your inbox to empty!
- Your desktop. I posted a photo of my desktop on Instagram a few weeks ago and people were horrified with how full it was! I went through and deleted/filed everything on my desktop today.
- Your files. In PhD and Academia there are just so many files to keep track of. We all fall into the trap of not filing them properly throughout the year, so although it is a frustrating task, take some time to get them all organised.
- Your camera roll. If you are anything like me, you may have thousands of photos on your phone’s camera roll. So many of mine are for my Instagram or this blog, so I have ten versions of the same photo. I am slowly going through and deleting any that I no longer need.
- Your desk. Finally, take some time to tidy your desk. Starting fresh should help with some productivity.
academia, academic blog, how to start the new year, organisation tips, phd, phd blog, phdlife, student tips, what is a phd