(Probably obvious) computer tricks
I am always surprised when I learn a new computer trick or shortcut that I probably should have known 10 years ago. So I thought I would list a couple of probably completely obvious ones that may just help you too!
- Ctrl + A highlights everything which makes it super easy to group things
- If you highlight empty cells of a table and change the font type and size then you don’t have to change cells individually
- You can ‘cut’ information from a table to create a blank table that doesn’t change shape
- You can move shapes/text boxes on PowerPoint with the arrows rather than just the mouse
- Highlight the titles in your table and go *layout*repeat headers* to have them come up on each page if your table is multiple pages long
- If your tables are being a pain in the ass and disrupting the text when you move it try *right click*table properties* and select ‘none’ or ‘around’ (which ever one is not selected)- my phd pal only just told me this!
- Use Power Thesaurus to find synonyms
- Crtl + Backspace deletes a whole word at a time
- If you are like me and need to google definitions of words all the time you can use the *smart lookup button* when you right click on a word in your word document. This saves you bringing up google!