In my last PhD update post from November I was whinging about my lack of motivation. I am happy to report that I am back on track with motivation (as much as one can be whilst trying to complete their thesis) and I have had a productive December and start of January.
I have submitted what I hope is my last draft of study 1 to my supervisors and am waiting to hear back from them before I can submit it (I know I have literally been saying ‘I am going to submit this paper soon’ for 18 months- laugh or cry!).
I have a complete draft of chapter 1 and it is ready to send off to my supervisors!
I have a plan for chapter 2.
I have completely torn my second study apart and I am now starting to be happy with it. There was so much information in study 2 that I was really struggling to tell a story. Since deciding to split it into two chapters/papers it has been coming together.
I just (literally one minute ago) got ethics approval for study 3!!!!
So, as I said- I am happy with the progress I have made over the last 2 months.
What am I planning to get done before the next PhD update (which will be at the end of March?)
· Have submitted my first study (plllllllllllllllllease cross all your fingers)
· Have a complete draft of study 2b ready for supervisors to look over
· Have an idea for the structure for study 2a
· Be collecting data for study 3
· Have a draft of chapter 1 back from supervisors
· Have a draft of chapter 2 ready to send to supervisors
(oh and I am also hoping to have a work free week holiday in this time soooooo I will be very busy).