I am happy to report that I have been productive since my last PhD update post.
After a bit more editing I finally submitted my first study to a journal! I am just really hoping that it gets to the reviewer stage. So many hours went into the media analysis so sending it off was a huge relief- I celebrated with a nice bottle of wine!
Data collection for study 3 has began and I have a reasonable number of participants already!
After more discussions with my supervisors we decided not to split study 2 into two separate papers (YAY)! I have received a draft back for study 2 and a lot of work has to go into it (including re-doing my analyses).
My supervisors are currently working on my draft of chapter 1 and my draft of chapter 2 is about 70% complete!
Lets hope the motivation and productivity continues before my next PhD update which will be just before the Easter break (19th April) I am hoping to:
- Finish the re-draft of study 2
- Have a complete draft of chapter 2 sent to supervisors
- Have re-drafted chapter 1 based on supervisor feedback
- Complete data collection for study 3 and start analysing data
- Finish 2x lots of marking
- Write a section of a journal publication with my colleagues who attended the ConsMark Conference with me last year
- Write & present a guest lecture on citizen science
& hopefully also sleep?