- Cafes are your best friend- I like to get to the city early before work to sneak in 1-1.5 hours of PhD work with a coffee.
- Stay back at work- I often spend an extra hour at work (4.30-5.30pm) working on my PhD. I am in the ‘work zone’ when I am at the office so I find I am more productive.
- Always have pen and paper on you- An idea for my PhD write up will often come to me at random times. So I always try to have a pen and paper with me to jot it down
- Don’t get sick- (a joke obviously) but I have been stuck down with a nasty flu (despite having a flu shot) which has really brought my PhD progress to a halt.
- Use your time wisely- I find that nowadays I get more done in an hour than I used to in three, because I know that I have to use my time wisely.
college, how to do a PhD, phd, phd blog, phd survival guide, phd tips, phdlife, post graduate, research, science, student, studygram, thesis, tips, university, what is a phd