- Get up early: You are probably thinking that this is the last thing you want to do on a Monday. Particularly if you have had a big weekend, but you will feel so much better when you are up. Getting to work a little bit earlier means that your procrastination (which is inevitable) won’t matter as much.
- Start your day with an easy task: As I said procrastination is pretty much inevitable on a Monday morning, but you will procrastinate less if you can start with an easy task. Think “writing a to-do list” or “reply to that easy email”
- Set out your weekly goals: Another good easy task to start with is to plan out your week ahead. Work out what tasks need to be completed, what meetings you need to attend, what nights you might have to work later. Be organised.
- Listen to a fun song while your getting ready and force yourself to dance: Even though it may be the last thing you feel like doing, forcing yourself to jiggy to a funky song will make you feel happier.
- Eat a good breakfast: Make sure you have enough time to have breakfast, and even better give yourself enough time to have a GOOD breakfast (smashed avo anyone?)
- Give yourself a break: Don’t be too hard on yourself if you aren’t as productive as you should be (or as your Friday-afternoon-self promised you would be).
- Set time aside to catch up with your work family: This is another reason why getting to work earlier is great. You can have time to catch up with your colleagues over morning coffee. Get out all the weekend stories so that you can get stuck into work… until lunch time, when you will remember more stories.
- Post PhD Profile; Sarah Research Associate and Founder...May 5, 2022
- Why am I leaving academia?May 2, 2022
- Post PhD Profile; Sarah Research Associate and Founder...
- Post PhD Profile, Zoë a Lecturer in Management & Co-DirectorApril 30, 2022
- I was a guest on the PhD Pending Podcast!April 21, 2022
- Post PhD Profile, Zoë a Lecturer in Management & Co-Director
- How To Upgrade Your GardenDecember 12, 2020
- Everyday things that make my soul warmFebruary 27, 2020
- How To Upgrade Your Garden
Yessss love all of these monday motivation tips Bri! Eating a good breakfast can make such a difference, can you tell I’m a foodie?! Thank you for sharing x