An Aussie PhD student (yoga teacher on the side) investigating the impacts of climate change on food and nutrition security and non-communicable diseases in Vanuatu currently doing a professional development stint (aka internship) at the World Health Organization in Geneva (it’s a hard life). Find out more at my blog Pina Colada PhD. A typical day? Not really…the joy of having work freedoms and flexibility!
Also check out Amy’s instagram here
1. A little peek out my window in my new Geneva apartment (I’ve been here 2 days!) now that the sun has finally come up and I can see it’s a beautiful Autumn day.
2. First things first – coffee!
3. Coffee #2 and starting work. Getting some emails and admin out of the way and then onto reviewing papers for my second literature review.
4. Yoga break!
5. A little bit of Netflix while eating lunch :p
6. And back to the papers….and coffee #3 (no judgement!)
7. It’s after 2pm and I finally venture out into the cold
8. Recon mission to make sure I know where I’m going for my first day at WHO HQ on Monday….seeing the WHO building for the first time does generate a bit of nerdy excitement (OMG this is really happening!)
9. As does the United Nations building
10. And then a little bit of ‘turisteando’ (as they say in Mexico)….Lake Geneva
11. Yep I’m Europe
12. And a white Christmas this year!
13. Those papers I brought with me come out of the handbag untouched :p
14. Tea and little bit of Netflix binging to complete my day!
I hope you all enjoyed Amy’s day!
Leave a Reply