As the year 2020 comes to an end, I am taking time to reflect on the year that was and set some goals for the academic year ahead.
- To publish 3 papers- I am hoping to publish a minimum of 3 manuscripts in 2021, I know the importance of maintaining a publication record
- Supervise an honours student- I hope to co-supervise an honours student in 2021, I co-supervised a student in 2019 and loved the experience. My honours student from then is now completing her PhD!
- Apply to present at a conference- Conferences haven’t even been on my mind with the chaos of 2020, but I am hoping to apply to present at a conference next year
- Start 2 new research projects– I want to set up and commence 2 new research projects- I have some ideas already, hoping for one to be in the conservation psychology area and one to be in the PhD student wellbeing area
- Dr.ofwhat to hit 100,000k views- I am hoping that the dr.ofwhat blog will hit 100k views within the first few months of 2021
- Continue to work on ‘work/life balance’- this is a less tangible goal but something that is very important. I want to work on this personally and also write more content about this topic on dr.ofwhat as it is something I am very passionate about
- To say sorry less at work- This is a weird one, but I know that I have been saying ‘i’m sorry’ too much at work- when I have nothing to apologise for
- Keep maintaining a high teaching record- I want to keep learning how to be the best educator that I can be
academia, Academia careers, academic blog, goals, goals for 2021, phd, phdlife, publication, research, thesis, what is a phd, work