PhD Update, September
It has been a long time since I wrote a PhD update blog, the last was in April and a lot has changed since then…. mainly that I am now working full time which has obviously changed my PhD timelines a little bit.
Between work, being sick, a few weekends away, moving house, and just trying to actually have a life, my PhD has suffered. But, this is not something I feel guilty about, it was genuinely necessary for my mental health.
The last week has seen me get back into the PhD so I thought it was time for an update.
- My first study got accepted for publication!!!
- I have finished a rough draft of my discussion chapter
- I have almost finished study 3 (I need to re-do some stats)
- I have a PhD document !!!
So, although I feel like I haven’t been working on my PhD enough a lot has been happening.
As I am nearing the end of my PhD I am going to do a monthly update until submission and my plan for September is:
- Submit study 2 to a journal
- Finish study 3 draft
- Finish discussion chapter draft
- Do final drafts of chapter 1 & 2
Wish me luck (I need it)