10 things every* PhD student gets asked
1. What is your research on? Followed by a strange look if you are a psychology student studying shark conservation, or is that just me?
2. What do you do everyday? Answer this by giving them a link to my day in the life of a PhD posts!
3. What does PhD stand for? To be honest, I didn’t know the answer to this until I started, so I will forgive this one
4. Will you be a Dr? Obvs, why else would I do it (kidding…)
5. Is it a year? Actually it is a year just to plan what I am going to do for my PhD…..
6. What will you do after? Great question…. I will keep you updated
7. Why? Sometimes I asked myself this question, other days I answer because it is the best, I get to study something that really, really interests me!
8. How is your research going? Unless you want tears I wouldn’t ask me that
9. When will you be finished? Revert to the answer for question 6
10. What’s taking you so long to get your research done? The fact that as PhD students, our research is only a small part of our job… & we spend too much time procrastinating